NO ADDITIONAL FEE
Participants are welcome to participate in the orchestra program but it is not required.
First Week 7/22 – 7/29
CHAMBER ORCHESTRA is open to all interested students to concentrate on challenging and inspiring repertoire in an intimate setting. Focus will be on developing Ensemble skills, such as sound, blend, and musical ensemble “mindset”. NOTE: This program is subject to minimum enrollment.
Second & Third WEEKS 7/29 – 8/12
THE FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA (open to all participants) is where all the elements of music making culminate in a grand performance event. The orchestra will study and perform some of the most inspiring works of the vast literature under the direction of Yoram Youngerman. The final concert Saturday 8/11/18 will feature the Junior Division First Prize winner of the 2017 Mary Smart Concerto Competition.
- Please indicate on your application if you wish to participate*
- Audition video will be used for initial placement
- Seating auditions will be held during the Festival for final placement
THE CHAMBER ORCHESTRA (invitation/audition required) a more intimate ensemble, consists of students selected for their technical and musical achievement. The chamber orchestra will study elements that combine individual virtuosity in an ensemble setting. Under the direction of Eduard Schmieder, they will perform some of the most challenging repertoire of the orchestral literature. The final concert Friday 8/10/18 will feature the Senior Division First Prize winner of the 2016 Mary Smart Concerto Competition.
- Please indicate on your application if you are interested in being considered for this program
- Audition video will be used for initial selection and placement
- Final live auditions by the Conductor will be held the first few days of the 2nd & 3rd Weeks program.
Note: An invitation is not a guarantee of final placement for the Chamber Orchestra
You may select both orchestras on your application if you would like to participate in the Festival Orchestra if you are not selected for the Chamber Orchestra.