PIANO INTENSIVE SEMINAR
Second & Third Weeks 7/29 – 8/12/18
Tuition: $2,200 Room & Board: $1,600
This comprehensive seminar will focus on elements of various musical styles, as well as specific approaches to creative tone production, instrumental voicing, pianistic touches, sophisticated approaches to pedaling, and cultivating a wide coloristic tonal palette.
Participants will work to develop their pianistic skills on all levels, learn innovative concepts of practicing, and be exposed to a thorough grounding of basic fundamental principles. Participants are advised to prepare specific repertoire and apply these concepts covered between the sessions toward a variety of musical contexts.
Careful attention and guidance will be given to each individual participant and his/her progress will be followed during the course of the seminar.
- Daily 2- hour classes for a total of 10 sessions (Monday 7/30 through Friday 8/10 – no class Sat 8/4 & Sun 8/5) led by Philip Kawin, Pavel Nersessian, Vadim Monastirsky, Matthew Cameron, Efrem Briskin
- Four 1-hour individual lessons with available teachers
- Performance Opportunities — Solo Galas and Studio Concerts
- Admission to all Concerts and other Special Events by distinguished faculty and guest artists.
- Eligible for Concerto Competition
- Eligible for Master Class Event (additional fee $100)
- Chamber Music Program (additional fee $275)
Combine First Week Seminar with Second & Third Weeks Seminar for Full THREE-Week Program
Tuition: $3,100 Room & Board: $2,350
Note: Seminars are subject to enrollment