VIOLIN/VIOLA INTENSIVE SEMINAR
First WEEK ONLY 7/22 – 7/29/18
Tuition: $1,000 Room & Board: $825
Led by Cyrus Forough
All participants must have two works of their choice to perform. Also bring scales and etude books. From Kreutzer to Paganini and Wieniawski.
Monday 7/23: all will perform one of their works and will receive coaching. Etude and scales will be assigned to be performed on Wednesday 7/25.
Tuesday 7/24: Perform 2nd work and will receive coaching. Discussion about études and scales and open to questions or additional assistance.
Wednesday 7/25: Technique day. “It’s not your heart that plays your instrument. It’s your body. Your heart and brain make the music” All must perform the assigned etude/caprice and scales on this day. No repertoire.
Thursday 7/26: Perform the same work that was played on Monday.
Friday 7/27: Perform the same work that was played on Tuesday. Etude and caprices should be performed as well.
- Daily 2- hour classes for a total of 5 sessions (Monday 7/23 through Friday 7/28) led by Cyrus Furough
- Two 1-hour individual lessons with available teachers
- Performance Opportunities —Solo Galas and Studio Concerts
- Admission to all Concerts and other Special Events by distinguished faculty and guest artists.
- Orchestra or large ensembles (depending on enrollment)
- Eligible for Master Class Event (additional fee $100)
- Chamber Music Program (additional fee $100)
Combine 1st WEEK VIOLIN/VIOLA SEMINAR with the Second & Third WEEKS VIOLIN/VIOLA WORKSHOP for Full THREE Week Program
Tuition: $2,400 Room & Board: $2,350
Note: Seminars are subject to enrollment