2020 APPLICATION CENTER
Application fee is $175. Get $50 off if applied by 6/1/2020!
STEP 1: Prepare 2020 audition video to be uploaded with online application or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Audition Video Requirements:
Prepare a set of videos of 2 to 3 pieces of varying style/composer that are performance ready.
Please note that these videos are used for placement in certain programs and with certain teachers. A well-prepared solo piece is best. You may send in a recording of a performance but please be aware of the sound quality (listening is just as important as watching).
Please make sure each file you upload is less than 10 GB.
- WebM files (Vp8 video codec, Vorbis Audio codec)
- .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files (h264 and mpeg4 video codecs, AAC audio codec)
- .AVI (MJPEG video codec, PCM audio)
- .MPEGPS (MPEG2 video codec, MP2 audio)
- .FLV (Adobe – FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
Labeling Video/Files – Part I:
Instrument, Last name, First name, Teacher *, Age, Gender
*Teacher – this should be the teacher who has referred you to Summit Music Festival
Instrument – Piano
Last name – Smith
First name – John
Teacher (last name only) – Briskin
Age – 15
Video label: Piano, Smith, John, Briskin, 15, M
Part II: For each video, put the number out of the total videos sent.
This helps us keep track of your videos, that we have everything you sent.
For example, if you are sending 3 videos add the numbers to the label:
Piano, Smith, John, Briskin, 15, M (1/3)
Piano, Smith, John, Briskin, 15, M (2/3)
Piano, Smith, John, Briskin, 15, M (3/3)
The Admissions committee needs this information associated with your video in order to make sure students are properly based – by level, by age, etc.
STEP 2: Review and complete the required forms below – please submit signed documents with your application:
- Liability Release
- Performance Waiver
- Student Code of Conduct
- Medical Release Form (18 and up) or (under 18)
STEP 3: Complete the 2020 SMF Application
Online application is now available now.
Please note – your letter of recommendation can be submitted by you via the online application or emailed separately to us.
STEP 4: Application fee must be received by us in order to consider your application complete.
- Online Application – an invoice will be generated to the email on the application with payment options.
- If submitted application manually please provide debit or credit card information in the application.
- Any issues with payment, please email or call us.