July 25 – August 8, 2021
- Learn technique, interpretations, audition skills, and much more with Ivo van der Werff (Rice University), Peter Slowik (Oberlin Conservatory), and Misha Galaganov (TCU).
- Daily two-three hours of group studio classes will include master class performances, discussions, lectures, etc. (Detailed program of the studio sessions will be posted on the Summit Music Festival’s website)
- In addition to group seminar sessions, each viola participant will 1) take four lessons with seminar faculty, 2) have public solo performance opportunities, 3) get a chance to participate in the festival’s concerto competition, and 4) play in a coached chamber music ensemble that will perform in a public concert at the end of the festival.
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS: two contrasting musical selections (a movement of solo Bach and a fast movement of a concerto are recommended but not required).
Tuition: $2,000 Room & Board: $1,800
OPTIONAL PROGRAMS AVAILABLE:
- Concerto Competition – No Additional Fee
- Additional Lessons – Additional Fees apply
- Chamber Music – Additional Fee: $300